2012年4月22日星期日

Reflection of My Presentation


        This Tuesday, I did my final presentation which is about media images of gender. In my presentation, I chose Sylvester Stallone as my main topic. Stallone has one important series movie named The First Blood which also lay his foundation of the most famous action movie star. In his First Blood serious series, Stallone played Rambo, a retired soldier from Vietnam War, who showed us strong, independent, violent in the movies. These characters always come from people's traditional ideas. They always think men should act like this so that Stallone's move chose this style. Although people changed a lot about gender stereotypes of men, these main characters are still existing in people's mind. That's why Stallone played Rambo four times.

                                                                


         I believe this presentation gave us a deep understanding about how the movies show us the gender roles and gender stereotypes. Through my researches from internet, I learned that the in Stallone movies, he showed us a man should be brave enough, never give up and fight for myself. This kind of movies influence people a lot about gender stereotypes and make them believe a man should has all these characters in the movie. This presentation makes me feel that gender stereotypes are always strengthened in action movies.

没有评论:

发表评论